MARKET AND NINTH STREET
|The Oddfellows building was built on the southeast corner in 1912.|
The Parkersburg First Baptist Church, seen here in the early 1900s, was built on the southwest corner in 1877.
Looking southwest on Ninth Street toward the Parkersburg Baptist Church around 1899. The house on the left was later torn down to make way for the Oddfellows Building.
The Masonic Temple, on the northeast corner, was built in the early 1920s.
Wetherell's Jewelry Store, seen here in the 1960s, featured a locally famous clock on the sidewalk for many years. The clock is now located on lower Market Street.
Photo by Dale Flinn. Courtesy of Tim Archer.
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HOMEPAGE
Content © Copyright 2001-2017 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001-2017 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com