|In this 1897 photo looking west along the Little Kanawha River toward its confluence with the Ohio River, the village of Marrtown, below Fort Boreman, is on the left, Parkersburg is on the right, and the Juliana Street Bridge and Ann Street Railroad Bridge are straight ahead.|
|This is what Marrtown, sitting in the shadow of Fort Boreman at the southern end of the old Juliana Street bridge, looked like in the 1940s and '50s. The streets were Lubeck Road and Bradley Avenue. The houses were later torn down, and now the newly opened Route 50 runs through.|
|Looking across the Little Kanawha toward Marrtown from near the Point, around 1910.|
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HOMEPAGE
Content © Copyright 2005 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2000-2005 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com