PARKERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL (NEW)
|Parkersburg's current Tudor-style high school, then called Central Junior Senior High, was built in 1917 on its own 27-acre campus at Dudley Avenue between 20th and 23rd Streets. The building opened its doors in the fall of 1918 (when this picture was taken). The land was originally swamp.||An original architect's drawing envisioned the school on a street corner.|
|The rear of the high school in 1918.|
|The high school and stadium in 1926.||Looking north at the stadium in 1926.|
|The wings were added in 1927.|
|The high school in 1930.|
|Bird's-eye view of Parkersburg High School
and stadium in 1926.
|Looking west over the campus in 1955.|
|Construction begins for the PHS Field House in early 1950 (left); by October it was already taking shape (right).|
This 1917 photo shows the school in a very early stage of construction.
|Original High School Floor Plan:
|Floor Plan: 2nd Floor||Floor Plan: 3rd Floor|
A Big Reds football game before 1931.
The Parkersburg Big Red Band, led by George Dietz, circa 1941.
|A Parkersburg Big Reds
vest from 1934-35.
(Courtesy of Alice Lilly)
Parkersburg High School - 1924 Yearbook
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HOMEPAGE
Content © Copyright 2001-2017 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001-2017 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com