PARKERSBURG COMMUNITY BANK
The Community Bank, on the southwest corner of Seventh and Juliana, braves
the 1937 flood. (Photo courtesy of The Community Bank and Kim Ledsome.)
On April 17, 1917, J.T. Callanan, Sam Dils, C.C. Dutton, E.L. Davidson, J.W. Romine and Charles Smoot successfully applied for a charter for an industrial loan company, the Community Savings & Loan Company, and opened for business three months later in the 500 block of Juliana Street. In 1921 the business moved to the present location on the southwest corner of Seventh and Juliana Street. Now a state-chartered bank, it is called the Community Bank of Parkersburg.
Content © Copyright 2001 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com